Final piece for the exhibition


I used the exhibition as a chance to tie up loose ends in my Dictionary project. I didn't want to start a new piece just for the exhibition as i didn't think I would have enough time to fully achieve what i would want in an exhibition piece.

I was allowed a cell to exhibit in as my piece involved a video and printed pieces. The video was not necessary, but there to accompany the images to help explain the meaning behind the piece and also for some comedy value, making the piece more interactive as most people in the video would be there on the private view.
I wanted the video to be on a small screen (ipod sized) to make people really get up close to the screen encouraging the viewers to take a closer look at the expressions and awkward moments i am trying to capture in the 5 second clips within the posters.
I overlooked the fact the ipods can't play video on repeat as you can a song. So without me going back to the cell evey 4 minutes to press play again the video wasn't played at the private view. Dissapointing, but it made the posters stand up for themselves without the video explaining.